BASF Asset Effectiveness Engineer III in Port Arthur, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
This is a strategic position that leads asset effectiveness improvements to maximize profitability as part of long-term plans. This involves developing and analyzing relevant Asset Effectiveness (AE) Key Performance Indicators and other process data, and driving improvements. This role will participate in facilitating communication of long-term business and asset management strategy details to pertinent levels of the plant organization. This will include identifying gaps between business or site targets and plant capabilities and seeking technical resources as needed, and using pertinent information for deriving asset management strategies or for developing gap closure scope that can be used by other site organizations to detail final solutions. Further, this position facilitates the development of long-term strategies and plans to optimize Asset Effectiveness. S/he may lead diverse teams and support operations, maintenance, reliability, and capital project teams.
Asset Effectiveness Engineer III (1800821) – Port Arthur, TX
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Develop asset management plans/strategies to support plant and business objectives, and to improve inputs from maintenance and reliability, strategies, operations plans, CapEx, and EHS.
· Review AE impact from significant events and other trends. Determine needs for further analysis and/or resources and action items for improvements.
· Lead asset effectiveness improvements through identification of lost availability and work closely with the Maintenance, Technology, and Reliability Groups to support achieving targets.
· Develop process monitoring systems and tools to support the analysis of process performance and degradation.
· Support technical knowledge and transfer. Use process data to support justification of asset effectiveness improvement projects identified by asset management.
· Evaluate critical process data to identify issues, support the bad actor process as needed, and participate in RCA processes for significant unplanned events as needed.
· Work with Asset Manager and team responsible for operating assigned area to develop plans to support minimizing total cost of ownership for all critical asset systems, considering asset replacement, business priorities, and capital expenditures.
· Supply asset strategy input for the site’s long-term capital plan.
· Support physical plant assets systems in area of responsibility.
· Assist operations with information regarding impact on site profitability, such as those associated with catalyst life, operating conditions, and related area.
· Support the Site Development Plan and Operational Excellence as needed to help identify scope for achieving business strategy.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field and at least 2 years of experience at a steam cracking plant required, with 4 years of overall experience.
· Knowledge of maintenance, operations, and engineering activities in a chemical/petrochemical or manufacturing environment.
· Strong listening, oral, and written communication skills.
· Demonstrable team-based interpersonal skills.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Solid data evaluation skills.
This position is part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and skill level.
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-CPN-Petrochemicals North America
Title: Asset Effectiveness Engineer III
Location: TX-Port Arthur
Requisition ID: 1800821