BASF Maintenance Coordinator - Port Arthur, TX in Port Arthur, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Maintenance Coordinator (1904223) – Port Arthur, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to coordinate day-to-day maintenance activities and be the point of contact for contractors coming on site. This includes ensuring work is going as planned and scheduled, and resources are coordinated efficiently and effectively. You will be responsible for the safe execution of all work activities accomplished through daily field walks and field audits. You will communicate regularly across all departments on job status and resolve issues. You will work daily with your fellow Maintenance Coordinators, the Operations Coordinators, and Maintenance Gate Keeper to manage work priorities and ensure expectations are clearly communicated. Your ability to manage a budget by making risk-based decisions and managing overtime will be key to this role. Additionally, an understanding of best practices for maintenance processes, including but not limited to Risk Based assessment, Total Productive Maintenance, and Reliability Based Inspections is an important technical competency for this position.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education and experience in the petrochemical industry, you will oversee the execution of contracted mechanical maintenance and operational support activities at the Port Arthur site and work as the fulcrum for all maintenance work and ensure roadblocks are identified and addressed in an expeditious manner.
· Demonstrating your maintenance leadership experience in a chemical or related manufacturing environment, you will provide field/shop supervision and quality assurance over contractor mechanical maintenance activities. Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring contractor and service vendor performance and reports findings routinely.
· Your strong troubleshooting and problem-solving ability will be essential as you assist in troubleshooting mechanical equipment, diagnose problems, and determine necessary repairs and replacements.
· Your unwavering commitment to workplace safety will be vital as you ensure contractor mechanical field work is performed in a safe manner and complies with site/industry standards and best practices. This will be achieved in part by performing daily field walks to ensure safe and efficient work practices.
· Using your in-depth knowledge of skills requirements for the various types of mechanical crafts (e.g. scaffold builder, insulator, welder, boilermaker, etc.), you will manage planned maintenance craftwork for nested contractors and assist with Capital craft resources.
· Your general computer skills and work planning knowledge will aid you as you provide feedback on nested contractors’ and service provider’s performances, report on activities, resolve problems, and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Your effective verbal and written communication skills will serve you well as you participate in meetings with nested contractors’ management on a regular basis to review performance and investigate opportunities for improvement. You will also use these skills to communicate job statuses regularly to the necessary stakeholders.
· Your knowledge of SAP and how it is used to track costs and maintenance history will be a valued asset as you ensure that site contractor estimating standards are up to date with actual performance to enable accurate cost forecasting and control.
· Successfully engaging across the organization, you will coordinate mechanical maintenance and operational support activities with the Operations Maintenance Coordinator, the TES Planning & Scheduling Team, and the Contractor.
· Utilizing your detailed understanding of equipment and overall plant manufacturing and maintenance work processes, you will coordinate and on-board outside resources for work execution (I.E. hydroblasting resources, 3 rd party inspection services, specialty contractors, etc.).
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Title: Maintenance Coordinator - Port Arthur, TX
Location: TX-Port Arthur
Requisition ID: 1904223