BASF Technical Service Specialist (Business development) in Quebec, California
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a fulfilling work environment with a strong emphasis on the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. We are always working to form the best team with an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion and through lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been proudly recognized as one of Canada's & GTA’s Best 100 Employers in 2022 and for many consecutive years. We have also recently been honored as one of Canada’s Safest Employers in addition to a Bronze winner of the Psychologically Safe Workplace award.
We invite you to join our best team on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Technical Service Specialist (Representative) - Quebec - Remote, with travel to customers required
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Technical Service Specialist will be responsible for the development of new accounts and maintenance of existing accounts in the Specialty & Industrial Markets. You will provide critical account development support, including technical support and training to BASF distributors and end-users.
You will also be responsible for the introduction and implementation of various value-added service products from sales, marketing and technical departments into the field, while ensuring that distributors and end-users are well-versed on the products.
Formula for Success: You Will…
• Plan and implement target account activity within the Specialty & Industrial Markets. This includes strategy development, preparation of presentations and proposals, and in closing the sale.
• Manage the business development activities including development of new accounts and maintenance of current accounts.
• Provide key support to BASF W/D’s, wholesalers and end-users.
• Write and implement relevant processes and procedures for end-users.
• Recommend product portfolio for target accounts, demonstrating and providing hands-on training of products to be used.
• Partner with sales, marketing and training departments to introduce new products and programs
• Keep abreast of industry changes in process, products and opportunities.
• Enhance customer service support by serving as a liaison to establish communication lines with key support departments.
• Provide monthly reports on activities and account development performance.
• Partner with Regional sales teams and Business Development Specialists to ensure a common effective approach to target account development.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• Excellent English & French oral and written communication skills, including superior presentation skills
• Minimum 3 years sales experience, preferably within the coatings industry
• Post-secondary education (including skilled trades) is required, ideally with a focus on Business Administration or Marketing/Sales
• Minimum intermediate knowledge of computer applications such as MS Office Suite and Lotus Notes
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you – the whole you – in all stages of your life and career. With You@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career. We also provide engaging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your role.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
BASF is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can be their authentic selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, religion/creed, sex/pregnancy, marital status, family status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We seek to make our recruitment process accessible for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-ECN/R-Automotive Refinish/Industrial Coatings-63020218
Title: Technical Service Specialist (Business development)
Requisition ID: 2201831