BASF Maintenance Mechanic in Quincy, Florida
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Maintenance Mechanic – 1802445 – Quincy, FL
• Recognize and practice safe work habits in compliance with all safety rules and regulations
• Dismantle, repair and reassemble complex equipment
• Perform work in the mechanic’s skill area such as fabrication, assembly, welding, burning cutting and pipefitting
• Complete routine paperwork as required
• Work from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches
• Diagnose trouble, plan and perform all mechanical operations necessary to modify, dismantle, repair, overhaul and rebuild machinery and equipment
• Develop and interpret mechanical requirements and figure necessary dimensions
• Assure satisfactory performance after repairs and adjustments
• Keep equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition
• Work from ladders, in elevated places or in pits when required.
• Work in a safe manner in compliance with all safety rules and regulations
• Work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and; respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds
• May be required to obtain and/or return tools equipment, and supplies used on job such as taper attachments, gas torch equipment, power hand tools, verniers, micrometers, surface, height and thread gages, gage blocks, indicators, and sine bars.
• Physically fit to lift 50 pounds and able to work in high or elevated areas
• Work a rotating shift when necessary
• Ability to make decisions on available information and take action
• May be exposed to routine industrial health and safety hazards and will be required to use respirator, ear protection, eye protection, safety shoes, hard hats and other designated safety items as required
• Accept all call-ins
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in ll stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 5 years of Industrial Maintenance experience or AA degree in relevant field and 4 years of experience
• Furnish and maintain hand tools per the required tool list
• Ability to identify and integrate the critical elements of a situation; to specify alternative courses of action
• Ability to work without direct supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EDN Dispersions/Resins NA 60000019
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Requisition ID: 1802445