BASF R&D Associate Portfolio Manager in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2021. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
R&D Associate Portfolio Manager (2101596) – Research Triangle Park, NC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to provide support to AP (Agricultural Products) NA R&D Director on day-today operations to reduce complexity and bring simplification utilizing agile project management methodologies and software solutions. Accountable for end-to end technology implementation/automation with tools, process, training for APN Biology team, and for enabling data availability and transparency for stakeholders.
• Accountable for end-to end technology implementation/automation with tools, process, and training APN Biology team.Assist with implementation of APN Biology field data management automation plan, aligned with global digital technology framework adapted for regional needs.
• Simplify and reduce complexity utilizing agile project management methodologies and software solutions. Provide Biology project portfolio management support for APN R&D Management team via generation of automated workflows and deployment of E2E process.
• Enable AP Biology interaction with regional Marketing, Technical Services team, and global functions using tools and technologies that promote team collaboration and work management in real time for agile decision making.
• Work closely with APN Controlling function and support APN R&D Director to ensure adequate resourcing for APN Biology workslate with proactive forecasting of operational and CapEX budgets and timely balancing of cost centre budgets.
• Collaborate with Global Digital technology team and other regions to ensure sharing of best practices and continuous improvement with new tools and technologies.
• Ensure APN R&D adherence to project planning guidance from AP Project Management Office and alignment of project budgets.
• Support APN R&D Director in effective planning and organization of APN R&D Biology Technology governance body and Biology Team meetings. Track actions and ensure timely completion by task owners.
• M.S., MBA, or B.S. with 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Agriculture Sciences, or related industry.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
• Training and or experience in team collaboration and work management software systems like Smartsheet, Power BI, etc.
• Proficient knowledge of computers and software, specifically MS Office, necessary for communication, data collection / analysis, and knowledge sharing.
• Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
• An energetic team player with agile mind-set for simplification
• Knows how to multi-task and prioritize competing demands
• Open to and willing to try new approaches
• Seeks experiences to provide growth
• Has good judgment
• Plans and manages own time for project commitments.
Domestic and international travel for this role is expected to be at least 10-15%.
The incumbent will demonstrate the following leadership and collaboration competencies:
• Works effectively with cross-functional teams
• Learns from others that broaden his/her perspective
• Receptive to feedback and learning from others
• Aware of own strengths and weaknesses and works to capitalize on strengths
• Listens well to other perspectives and seeks understanding
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-APN/R-Agricultural Solutions NA-63006951
Title: R&D Associate Portfolio Manager
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 2101596