BASF Senior Team Leader in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Senior Team Leader (1804881) – Research Triangle Park, NC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to lead the Formulation Development lab for Seed Solutions. Your main focus of the position is to manage lab activities for the development, registration and manufacture of new products and formulations for Crop Protection and advise on their use to broaden the market and increase business results.
For further information on Agricultural Products with BASF, please visit:
BASF: Create Chemistry with the Agricultural Products Division
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education in in a scientific discipline such as Chemistry or Biology and your industrial work experience in a R&D setting, you will develop and implement detailed, often complex, formulation R&D programs consistent with approved business cases for active ingredients and formulations.
· Utilizing your formulation development experience (preferably in Crop Protection or a related field), you will design, conduct, and interpret experiments and studies to advance formulation development while ensuring registerability and manufacturability of the developed products.
· Successfully engaging across the organization, you will liaise closely with stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, Biology, Regulatory, Operations and Manufacturing to understand business needs and determine the best formulation development path forward.
· Utilizing your problem solving abilities, you will work cooperatively with Sales, Manufacturing, Registration, and Field personnel in furnishing technical assistance to resolve issues related to regulatory compliance, manufacturing operations, QA/QC conformance management, and/or to solve field or other problems that might affect company relations with customers or regulatory agencies.
· As a leader, you will train, mentor, develop and supervise lab personnel.
· Demonstrating your strong written and verbal communication skills, you will lead formulation R&D projects, both regional and global, to achieve company objectives and communicate project status through technical reports and presentations.
· As a customer advocate, both internal and external, you will act as the primary point of contact for ensuring formulation procedures and results are executed in an effective and timely manner while in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
· Your track record of generating new innovation and applying cutting-edge technology will be beneficial as you will utilize existing and implement new formulation and application technologies within a development program to foster innovation across the formulation community.
· As part of Product Launch Excellence, you will participate in the scale-up and launch of the developed products by transfer of formulation know-how to Regulatory and Manufacturing.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Title: Senior Team Leader
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 1804881