BASF Retail Connect Account Manager (1 year Contract) in Saskatchewan, Canada
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Retail Connect Account Manager- 2100096
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Retail Connect Representative position, within the Agricultural Division, offers a unique opportunity for a professional to combine their respective Account Management, Finance & logistics, crop protection product knowledge background to promote the industry leading innovation coupled with superior distribution services to the retail partners of BASF within the independent sales channel of Western Canada.
Product forecasting, gap & share of sales analysis, program interpretation & presentation to the independent retail partners within the assigned territory
Develop annual POG and Purchase plans for individual retail partners
Completion of all required account credit applications and processes
Complete July and October reconciliations and collect full amounts owing at reconciliation time
- Managing product allocations, orders, associated logistics effectively & efficiently with all independent retail partners within the assigned territory
Strategic Account Management
Accountable for building and sustaining strong professional business relationships throughout the independent retail organizations, ensuring BASF is positioned as a strategic preferred supplier
Development of long-term, 3-5 year mutual beneficial account plan & associated strategies with strategic independent retail partners. The account plan will be based on their unique needs, interests, and business goals and objectives in order to maximize sales opportunities.
Implement the account plan in order to yield maximum sales and meet or exceed sales goals .
Innovation & Product Line Knowledge:
Technically competent on the innovative BASF brands with the ability to understand & educate retailers on the use of new innovations and product features.
Technically competent with a working knowledge of competitive brands and ability to present the value proposition of BASF brands in comparison to these competitive products.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· BA/BS in business, agriculture business or related discipline, preferred.
· Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience with relevant sales or distribution experience, preferred
· A strong business acumen and demonstrated understanding of the agricultural market, specifically the relationship of the independent distribution with the retail partner within this market is required for the position.
· Demonstrated understanding of the retail partner network, and their business cycles, competitive relationships and environment.
· Incumbent must possess proven analytical skills, excellent communications and interpersonal skills, as well as be highly motivated and goal oriented, with a proven record of goal attainment.
· Ability for strategic thinking and planning skills required to insure overall independent distribution sales channel strategy can be accomplished by the Retail Connect Representative and their approach.
· Ability to self-manage time and resources and to allocate time and energy appropriately, resulting in achievement of goals.
· Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Willingness to embrace BASF CRM Systems.
· Willingness to travel overnight/weekly.
· Passionate about making a difference in the agriculture industry.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-APN/ZW-Agricultural Solutions Canada-63024588
Title: Retail Connect Account Manager (1 year Contract)
Requisition ID: 2100096