BASF E & I Technician in Seneca, South Carolina
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
E & I Technician – Req #1901759 – Seneca, SC
Formula for Success: You Will…
Perform electrical, instrumentation and/or automation maintenance repairs including electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, PLC troubleshooting, and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair of all site equipment
Responsibility and accountability includes, but is not limited to:
• Promote all aspects of safety to the E&I technicians and ensure all LOTO and electrical safety procedures are followed
• Perform QC on jobs adhering to and instituting procedures to minimize rework
• Provide technical support for equipment installation and repairs
• Ensure that instrumentation PM's are completed per schedule and weighing systems are performing within the specifications of the process requirements
• Gather and analyze technical data and recommend needed repairs or modification
• Maintain all drawings current following equipment modification
• Assist in the development PM programs for all new equipment
• Assist in establishing or modifying work procedures including PM's to meet the demands of the site
• Make recommendations to improve maintenance and production operations
• Self-directed with minimal supervision
• Operate, maintain and install complex equipment
• Calibrate equipment and maintain calibration
• Utilize a hand-held HART /Foundation Fieldbus communicator to diagnose and set-up instruments.
• Effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work a flexible schedule, including call-in and impromptu overtime on nights and weekends.
• Requisition repair materials as needed
• Provide support to other sites as required
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• Three years experience in Industrial Instrumentation Maintenance Industry
• Associates Degree in Electronics, Automation, Instrumentation or a related field
• Intermediate knowledge of Allen Bradley/Modicon Programmable Logic Controls/Drives (PLC's)
• Experience with gas burners and associated control systems
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: CCM/R-Production North America-60002002
Title: E & I Technician
Requisition ID: 1901759