BASF Lab Technician in Seneca, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Lab Technician (1902217) – Seneca, SC
Formula for Success: You Will:
The laboratory technician performs routine, semi-routine, and/or moderately complex chemical and physical analyses on a variety of materials supporting production activities in a fast-paced, aggressive, customer-service environment; with variable demands and a steep learning curve.
• Setting up and operating a variety of simple to moderately complex laboratory equipment and instruments, within predefined parameters while working across multiple labs.
• Conducting chemical and physical laboratory tests to make qualitative and quantitative material analyses.
• Working with a high level of attention to detail and maintaining necessary records, accepting responsibility for all test results.
• Assisting with inventory control of chemicals and apparatuses.
• Troubleshooting analytical processes with guidance.
• Knowledge of safety regulations associated with chemical operations, working in compliance with all EHS standards
• Knowledge of proper material handling procedures.
• Ability to work with very hazardous chemicals daily; with proper respect for the inherent hazards and strict adherence to PPE or other safety requirements.
• An inquisitive attitude and deep respect for good quality control practices along with adherence to ISO standards.
• Completing (extensive) initial and ongoing on-the-job training as needed.
• Managing on-site customer requests.
• Manage multiple tasks and projects
• Effectively handle customer relations and communications
• Ability to work night shift – 5:45pm-6:00am on a rotating weekly 12 hour schedule
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High school diploma or GED
• Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field
• Two years chemical industrial experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: CCM/R-Production North America-63017050
Title: Lab Technician
Requisition ID: 1902217