BASF Maintenance Specialist in Seneca, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Maintenance Specialist (2000473) – Seneca, SC
The incumbent will provide an additional level of specialized expertise to the maintenance team and administration of either mechanical systems or electrical systems or process instrumentation and control system hardware and software. Maintains a primary focus within maintenance but works with engineers and other such technicians across site to seek best practices for all disciplines of maintenance in their respective field of expertise. Supports and trains other technicians/mechanics in basic maintenance of the site’s operational equipment. Also, provides field coordination and design support for capital projects and special maintenance projects.
• Follows all safety regulations.
• Follows all applicable area specific and plant procedures.
• Perform intermediate to complex Mechanical Maintenance Functions
• Install and repair mechanical systems, apparatus, and components of machinery, appliances and equipment following code, manuals, P&ID diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications using hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
• Reading Prints & Drawings, Troubleshooting Techniques, Pipe Fitting, Welding, Fabrication, Rigging
• Operate forklift.
• Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards in the work area.
• Adhere to established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
• Participate in incident investigations.
• Ability to work day shift but will also rotate into a 3 month night shift periodically.
• Accomplish day-to-day and recurring EHS activities.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High school diploma or GED.
• Associates degree in Mechanical Technology and/or Industrial Maintenance
• Experience in Mechanical Maintenance
• Experience operating a forklift
• Millwright experience
• Journeyman Millwright, Welding, or MCEE Certification
• Experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, and reading P & ID's
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: CCM/R-Production North America-60002002
Title: Maintenance Specialist
Requisition ID: 2000473