BASF Business Analyst in Shakopee, Minnesota
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Business Analyst (1900254) – Shakopee, MN
Where the Chemistry Happens
In your role of Business Analyst, you will conduct market analyses, analyzing both product lines and the overall profitability of the business. In addition, you will develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met. Assisting with the implementation and support of business information systems across multiple departments, you will identify problems and opportunities within EB and ultimately provide solutions that help achieve the business' goals.
Formula for Success
· Utilizing your strong organizational skills, you will manage and maintain documentation of relevant pricing procedures and work processes for internal and audit purposes and ensure compliance with BASF policies, guidelines and practices.
· Successfully engaging multiple departments within the organization, you will act as a liaison price discrepancy.
· Demonstrating your strong skills in SAP, you will be responsible for entering and maintaining customer prices in SAP, including necessary details and time frame to ensure accurate invoicing and timely payment of invoices. Additionally, you will ensure prices quoted are in compliance with * Pricing Tool rules where applicable and store information for future audit compliance and customer history.*
· Utilizing your strong Excel and data manipulating skills, you will create & maintain financial and business-steering reporting for management, including analysis of Key Performance Indicators. Reporting to include Profit & Loss statements, Margin performance, discretionary spending, Travel & Entertainment, headcount, fleet vehicles, and more. Provide variance analysis between actual spending vs forecast & budget in these areas.
· Leveraging your education, you will become the residence expert on Procure to Pay issues, including being the liaison between the business and the corporate Accounts Payable team. Your duties include setting up vendors in SAP, ensuring payments are approved and sent to vendors on time, and advise the business on how to properly direct costs to the correct cost centers and GL accounts.
· Your strong attention to detail will be essential as you m anage the purchasing card compliance review process for the business. You will ensure all employees are adhering to corporate spending policies and reviewing costs for an unusual or suspicious activity.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: CONT - Controlling
Organization: N-EBN/C-Bus Mgmt Building Systems-60001151
Title: Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 1900254