BASF Account Manager in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Account Manager – Automotive Supplied Metal Industry Segment (1802473) – Southfield, MI
Where the Chemistry Happens
As the business segment leader for the Automotive Supplied Metal (ASM) industry segment within BASF Coatings North America, you will be accountable to direct and drive sales processes, delivering both account retention and profitable growth. You will navigate the automotive coatings and parts value chains with a wide scope of activities including account retention and growth, new account gains, strategic account management, channel management, sales growth initiatives, customer satisfaction, and hiring, developing, and mentoring the sales/service team. You will be responsible for the North American region requiring intercultural communication and leadership. The role ensures business initiatives, policies and procedures are communicated and fully implemented.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Formula for Success
• Leveraging your educational and professional background in sales leadership, you will drive change across a direct team of 10 sales and service focused employees to achieve long-term success for the business.
• Driving strategic decisions for the business, you will influence and lead business transformation activities to deliver profitable organic growth by executing sales strategies and managing P&L with gross sales in excess of $20M.
• Leading the North American team to value sell the E-Coat product line to a broad group of automotive tiered customers. Lead team to develop new business and serve existing business for retention.
• Successfully engaging inside and outside the organization, you will use your strong influencing and conflict management skills to lead managers and remote teams within a highly creative environment that spans across the U.S. and globally.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
1. Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
2. Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
3. Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
4. Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
5. Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
6. Execute performance and career development discussions
7. Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
8. Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-ECN Coatings Solutions North America 60000009
Title: Account Manager
Requisition ID: 1802473