BASF Performance Group Manager- Automotive Refinish in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Performance Group Manager (2000365) – Southfield, MI or Virtual
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the Performance Group and Vision solutions value propositions and strategic vision in the US and Canada. You will work collaboratively throughout the automotive collision industry with all levels of stakeholders to intimately understand trends, leverage data to draw insights, develop strategy, and translate this into innovative solutions which enhance the value for all existing and future BASF customers. You will be responsible for leading and aligning the organization to deliver a unique customer experience and competitive advantage for BASF in the US and Canada.
Your responsibilities will include translation of information, data, and market needs into business opportunities, creating synergies across customer segments, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to drive innovation and enhanced value through strong customer focus. You will also be responsible for overall growth and ROI of the programs.
Travel for the role is expected to be up to 50% of the time to support the overall success of the programs.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education and automotive collision experience in a sales, marketing, or business development role including project management and group facilitation, you will think bigger picture and strategically as you lead BASF’s North American automotive refinish Performance Groups and Vision Business Solutions.
· Your Lean Six Sigma, data analytics, and/or PMP certifications will be valuable assets as you leverage your project management and facilitation skills to develop and implement strategic business plans to create and sustain competitive advantages for BASF.
· Your outstanding communication skills will support initiatives to cultivate and maintain deep industry relations and serve you well as you collaborate extensively with internal and external stakeholders, developing a holistic understanding of customer needs and being on the leading edge of advancing trends.
· Your high-level of financial and business acumen will be essential as you manage budgets and ensure the maximum BASF and customer ROI for each Vision business solution.
· Demonstrating your proficiency in Office365, Tableau, and CRM, you will utilize high volumes of data to develop insights which will support strategic planning and successful implementation.
· As a highly-motivated, self-starter, you will allocate time across multiple projects to remain on time and budget.
Leadership Expectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: MARK - Marketing
Organization: N-ECN/R-Automotive Refinish/Industrial Coatings-63019278
Title: Performance Group Manager- Automotive Refinish
Requisition ID: 2000365