BASF Operator in Sparks, Georgia
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Operator – Sparks, GA (1901562)
BASF's Sparks, Georgia Site is a leading producer of crop protection products including fungicides and insecticides. We are looking for an Operator I for our operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Safely operate equipment based on work instructions and procedures.
• Operation of processing equipment. Batching, blending, or mixing into finished product.
• Ensure batches are properly charged. Record batching information, code, add, and total production quantities.
• Make use of company IT systems for transaction booking.
• Ensure quality control of finished product weights, labeling, placarding, coding, and marking.
• Assign Material Handlers to work station on production line and make sure all tasks are being completed satisfactorily.
• Record and compute finished quantities produced. Record information on tally tickets, properly code finished goods and all packaging used.
• Ensure processing equipment is operating in compliance with company training and all federal, state, and local regulations.
• Instruct and train production workers in job assignments as needed.
• Provide assistance with special projects as assigned.
• Must be willing to work on a rotating shift.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., climb stairs, and climb ladders
• Must be able to complete tasks that require various PPE such as respirator, protective clothing, fall protection
• Execute tasks that require standing for long periods of time, bending, lifting
• Experienced communicating effectively in a professional work environment
• Must be able to be certified to operate a forklift
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You at BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you at BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
• HS Graduate or accredited GED required.
• 2 years’ experience minimum required in production/maintenance operations.
• Technical understanding of highly automated filling and manufacturing equipment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-APN/P-Regional Operations-63013577
Requisition ID: 1901562