BASF Material Handler - White Stone Location in Spartanburg, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2021 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Material Handler (2102078) – Spartanburg, SC – White Stone
If you are successful in this application, you will be hired by one of our Staffing Agency partners as a Temporary Worker.
Who Are We?
As the leading global chemical supplier for the personal care, home care, industrial and institutional cleaning industries, and technical applications in the agrochemical industry, BASF Care Chemicals is focused on partnering with customers to create innovative solutions with great speed and agility to meet the current and future needs of society in a more sustainable way. We are proud to contribute to the long-term success of our customers’ brands by offering a broad range of products and concepts such as common household items, like cosmetics, detergents and cleaners, as well as industrial products and processes like crop protection, rubber belts, hoses, concrete, and metal plating.
At Care Chemicals, we not only care about supporting our customers and achieving strong business results; we care about our team members. We aim to create a motivating, inspiring and inclusive work environment where all team members feel supported, heard and developed. Being part of our team means showing up every day to work collaboratively across functions to win for the overall success of the team. We value bringing diverse perspectives and backgrounds together to stretch our teams to think differently, challenge the status quo and problem solve for the greater good of our customers and society.
Come, be a part of our team and create Care chemistry with us.
Entry level position in the materials handling of finished surfactant products and inbound raw materials. This position assists higher-level material handlers in all phases of daily logistics operations while working to acquire additional skills and performs less complex duties on their own. Common examples of daily job tasks are the following: receipts and unloading of raw materials, drumming, operating a fork truck to transfer material, and performing housekeeping items.
Primary functions include:
• Manipulate pumps, valves, and hoses to:
Unload raw materials to bulk storage tanks
Load finished product from storage tanks to tank trucks, iso containers or railcars
Clean equipment, transfer lines, valves, pumps, etc., to avoid product contamination.
Drum finished product from storage tanks to required packaging
• Operates forklift trucks as required to transfer drums and totes
• Operates the yard tractor to complete iso, trailer and tanker movements on site
• Notifies shift supervisor or team leader of any unusual situation that may require additional attention.
• Keeps assigned equipment and work area clean and orderly. Completes a daily housekeeping area.
• Follows BASF’s safety rules and promotes their observance in the performance of job duties.
• Follows BASF Corporations site and corporate policies.
• Conducts visual inspection of all equipment to determine status before operating
• Performs other work as required and/or assigned.
• Perform simple analytical or quality control testing.
• Job requires a moderate degree of manual dexterity to operate valves, pumps, scales, switches, etc.
• Minor maintenance work, such as adjusting pumps and valves, requires skill and dexterity in use of small hand tools.
• Must be able to operate forklift truck safely in warehouse setting.
• This all requires sufficient manual skills. 70% of the job requires standing, walking, and climbing to observe and operate controls and valves, drumming of products, etc.
• 30% of the job requires manual material handling, recording data, etc. In addition, bending, stooping, lifting up to 50lbs.routinely and 60lbs on occasion, climbing ladders, and working at various heights is required.
• Overtime and shift operations may be required to meet customers demand.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Chemical manufacturing experience
• Forklift experience
• SAP experience
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Warehousing or bulk material handling
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EMN/OS-Operations Management Mauldin/Whitestone-60002191
Title: Material Handler - White Stone Location
Requisition ID: 2102078