BASF Production Supervisor in Spartanburg, South Carolina
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Production Supervisor (1901527) – Spartanburg SC
This position is responsible for providing leadership, guidance, and technical assistance to the shifts who directly operate the operating unit. S/he is responsible to ensure safe and efficient operation in meeting the operational plan for the business. This requires in-depth involvement through both written and verbal communications so that the shifts operate the unit in safe, consistent, and cost-effective manner. The Production Supervisor is a visible participant in the coordination and supervision of all operations activities within the unit under the direction of the Operations Manager.
Formula for Success
• Leveraging your operational and/or maintenance experience, you will support team leaders in performance of their own duties, and coordinate, communicate, and monitor daily operations activities across the shifts, provide daily operating instructions, and perform conflict management as required.
• As a leader and role model, you will implement the High-Performance Organization by training, coaching, setting goals and objectives, evaluating performance, administering compensation programs, seeking career development opportunities, and planning personnel successions.
• Your strong understanding of environmental, safety, and health standards procedures will be a valued asset as you seek compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, promote a safe working environment, and ensure accountability of shift personnel for safety performance.
• Your proven competencies in analytical thinking, communication, entrepreneurship, coaching, and work management will come into play as you will coordinate with lab analyses, train and coach shift personnel on responding to analytical results, follows up on investigating non-conformances, and provide assistance during customer audits/visits.
• Successfully engaging across the business, you will consult and work with operations engineers, quality and TES personnel in resolving operational problems, modifications, improvements, and optimizations.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High School Diploma, GED or Associate Degree and 8-10 years of experience in operations of a chemical manufacturing plant OR Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering and 3-5 years of experience in operations of a chemical manufacturing
• At least 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
• Strong leadership skills required to direct Operators to produce quality chemicals in a safe and cost-effective manner.
• Solid coaching skills required to develop Operators in the understanding of the chemical plant operation, and to grow their awareness of technical and business issues.
• Effective interpersonal skills are required to interface with daily operations team, daily support team, Technical Engineering Services Team (TES), Lab, contractors, and outside vendors.
• Strong technical problem-solving skills to help in the resolution of problems in the different manufacturing areas that affect plant performance.
• DCS Control Board experience strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EMN/OS-Operations Management Spartanburg-60001609
Title: Production Supervisor
Requisition ID: 1901527