BASF Site Services Mechanic in Suffolk, Virginia
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Site Services Mechanic – Suffolk, VA (1804113)
Primary functions include:
• Safe, efficient, reliable maintenance and operation of boilers, diesel generators, cooling towers, air compressors, chillers, hot water systems, fire protection systems and devices, and all ancillary equipment.
• Troubleshoot equipment and systems as needed. Repair or request external services for timely restoration of utility. Communicate with internal customers the status of restoration as soon as known.
• Issue MOCs and other documents for change management.
• Initiate and participate in AIMs.
• Plan and coordinate equipment shutdowns for maintenance/repairs.
• Coordinate with 3rd party service providers for the routine maintenance or repair of all equipment. Communicate with compliance agencies as needed.
• Perform/coordinate site services and facilities maintenance.
• Maintain legal and site-required records, readings, and reports.
• Actively participate in all safety programs and initiatives, as appropriate.
• Complete all required training in timely manner.
• Maintain work area of responsibility using 5S principles.
• Create and review SOPs for site services to include other departments as required. Train new hires and other department’s personnel as required.
• Meets the physical requirements for the position, including but not limited to bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Active support of all EH&S policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required .
• 10 years experience in maintenance and operation of boilers and associated equipment, diesel generators, cooling towers, air compressors, chillers, hot water systems, fire protection systems and devices, and ancillary equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-EVW/NI-Site Suffolk-63003201
Title: Site Services Mechanic
Requisition ID: 1804113