BASF Application Technology Specialist - Tarrytown, NY in Tarrytown, New York
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Application Technology Specialist (2000638) – Tarrytown, NY
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the personal care technology group in North America. As the regional application technology specialist for personal care formulations within the Care Creations portfolio, you will be the lead formulator and work as the interface between technology, sales and marketing for our customers. In addition, you will be responsible for the maintenance of previously developed library of formulations in the areas of hair, body, skin, sun and oral care used as tools to promote the BASF personal care portfolio and ensure that samples are readily available. In this role, you will focus on customer needs and product concepts and act as the expert this area.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your educational background in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field, and professional experience and expertise in the personal care industry, you will serve as lead formulator for customer projects, maintenance, scale-up and modification of existing formulas in the formulation library.
· Working together with technical service, you will be the key technical contact for regional customers, working to drive new business and sales in the personal care space, specifically but not limited to hair, body, skin, sun and oral care segments.
· Your knowledge and understanding of finished formulations in hair and skin care and the ability to create and re-create unique formulations that are trending with speed and efficiency will be essential as you understand the mechanism and interaction of emulsion, polymers, UV filters and surfactant technology in formulation and how they provide value to the hair and skin physiology.
· As a leader and role model, you will provide technical expertise and translate customer needs to action.
· Your strong background in formulation, project management and communication skills, along with the ability to present, will be a key responsibility of this role and needed to adhere to project scope.
· Your firm customer focus will be evident as you take the lead and manage formulation development of customer projects in close cooperation with cross-functional colleagues, including technical service, sales, and marketing. Direct customer interaction will be essential to achieving your goals.
· Demonstrating a strong understanding of personal care products, market, competitors, and scientific claim generation, you will provide solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
· Your proven competencies in analytical thinking, communication, entrepreneurship, and work management will come into play as you lead the development of regional technical concepts.
· Successfully working in a dynamic team environment across functions including sales, marketing, technology and product management, you will identify new business opportunities and initiatives and implement actions as they relate to new launches as well as post-launch needs.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-EMN/PPT-Personal Care Dev / Technical Service-60000910
Title: Application Technology Specialist - Tarrytown, NY
Requisition ID: 2000638