BASF Mechanical Testing Engineer – Fuel and Lubricant Solutions in Tarrytown, New York
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Mechanical Testing Engineer – Fuel and Lubricant Solutions (2000038) – Tarrytown, NY
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a mechanically inclined professional like you to join our engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and conducting engine and vehicle performance tests, supporting technical efforts to introduce and commercialize new fuel and lubricant additives, and work within a global team environment that includes R&D, business colleagues and customers. If you desire a long-term technical career ladder, this is the role for you.
Formula for Success
· Your knowledge of automotive engine performance, mechanics, electronics and emissions will be essential in designing, commissioning, and conducting programs to demonstrate the performance of fuel and lubricant additives. These programs consist of ASTM protocols, established industry procedures, and proprietary evaluations.
· Your attention to detail will be critical in order to produce accurate and credible engine tests, determine and execute corrective action when needed, and generate final reports for internal use and customer presentations.
· Your superior communication skills will serve you well as you coordinate and participate in testing activities with remote facilities, internal BASF teams, external contract labs, automotive OEMs, and BASF customers.
· Your experience with gasoline, diesel, engine oil and driveline fluids will be a valued asset in maintaining BASF leadership in ASTM, CRC, ACC or other industry forums.
· Having an integrated view of technical issues spanning different areas of knowledge, budgeting and costs of testing, and value to the customer will drive you succeed in translating overall business needs into specific technical targets and deliverables.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: G-EVO/NT-Technical Services-63019312
Title: Mechanical Testing Engineer – Fuel and Lubricant Solutions
Requisition ID: 2000038