BASF Logistics Assistant in Union, New Jersey
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Logistics Assistant - Union, NJ
The incumbent is a highly detailed self-starter who operates in conjunction with the Vault Management on day-to-day operations in line with BASF policies and procedures. Along with understanding and supporting all operational and administrative operations conducted by the PGM Vault in tasks that include, but are not limited to:
• Embracing a safe and secured work environment through adherence to all safety and security policies and procedures.
• Processing shipments through full cycle warehousing and distribution operations which encompasses: unloading, receiving, inbounding, sampling, labeling, warehousing, picking, out bounding, packing and loading operations.
• Ensures compliance of all policies and procedures related to the receipt, shipment, storage, movement and security of precious metals inventories.
• Coordinates and communicates with Transportation, Trading, BASF sites, security and outside transportation providers and assists accordingly.
• Verifies and confirms procedural correctness of operational transactions, documents and reports.
• Reviews SAP (Data) transactions, documentation prior to posting and identifies/troubleshoots issues as needed.
• Assists Vault PM Controller and Vault Management with Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC) and auditing.
• Performs SAP movement/cycle count transactions and assists PM Controller with cycle count activity.
• Completes/maintains Vault Operations Data entry and operational status reports.
• Ensures all documentation for vault operations are current, accurate, completed and properly archived.
• Processing and oversight of Cross-Doc Hazmat Operations.
• Orders and processes departmental supplies as needed.
• Performs other roles/tasks as needed.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3 years of Precious Metals industry, warehouse operations and/or secure logistics experience
• Basic Computer / MS Office Skills
• Intermediate/advanced MS Excel Skills
• Associates Degree
• Highly detail oriented and office organization skilled
• Working knowledge of SAP manufacturing systems and modules.
• Advanced knowledge of Precious Metals Supply Chain Operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: CCM-Precious / Base Metal Services-60001394
Title: Logistics Assistant
Requisition ID: 1902532