BASF Lean Six Sigma Project Manager in Wyandotte, Michigan
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Lean Six Sigma Project Manager (1803242) – Wyandotte, MI
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a continuous improvement expert like you to lead projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business. In this role, you will serve as an expert in the application of improvement tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Design for Six Sigma (DFSS). In addition, you will provide training and coaching to others on continuous improvement tools and methodologies. You will be held responsible for leadership and project management of complex projects working within a global team environment that will have long-term fiscal impact on the business.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your educational background in a technical discipline and your extensive continuous improvement experience, you will lead Lean Six Sigma Efforts in the region and align them with the global strategy.
· Your technical mastery of continuous improvement methodologies such as DMAIC, Lean, DFSS/process design, Kaizen as well as process management and change management, will be a valued asset as you provide input into the development of the business deployment strategy, goals, and priorities, and leading project to support this strategy.
· Using your Black Belt or Master Black Belt Certification, you will select Lean Six Sigma projects, create project teams, cultivate talent, conduct formal project reviews as well as remove barriers for Lean Six Sigma projects to ensure success.
· Your executive presence and leadership skills will help allow you to work closely with other Black Belts, Green Belts, Yellow Belts, White Belts, etc. and the Operational Excellence Leader in the development of the Lean Six Sigma deployment strategy in the region.
· Your solid understanding of Minitab, Visio, and flowcharting/process mapping software will help you to develop performance metrics, reporting, and improvement targets for all BU areas
· Successfully engaging across the organization, you will ensure that the targets and execution of the projects are aligned with the divisional targets, BU targets, and PM central Six Sigma Strategies.
· Directing a professional team, you will lead, train, and coach Green Belts and other associates leading improvement projects and implementing continuous improvement methodologies and tools.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-PMN-Performance Materials North America-60000012
Title: Lean Six Sigma Project Manager
Requisition ID: 1803242