BASF New Business Development Manager - Polyphthalamide Portfolio in Wyandotte, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2021. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
New Business Development Manager – PPA (2202213) – Wyandotte, MI
Where the Chemistry Happens
The PPA team is steered globally and an important aspect to deliver the right products to customers is to collaborate
across regions and support each other in a dynamic environment. This calls for you to communicate, take accountability
and build up trust across a diverse team.
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for technical project
management, business development, global application ownership, and serving as PPA champion for North America.
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education and related experience, you will drive regional relevant development projects for PPA
products in NA with sector leaders and commercial sales across industries.
- Demonstrating your solid organizational skills, you will coordinate activities with product development teams, lead the
sales approach to market, and generate transparency about the PPA market.
- As a subject matter expert, you will be the regional point of contact for technical queries, provide input to product portfolio
development, and transfer knowledge & champion PPA products within N-PMN. Additionally, you will act as the single
point of contact for application relevant inquiries, information, and questions.
- Working as an effective team player, you will support sales teams for customer visits and support product UVP
development and product launch process.
- Successfully engaging within the organization, you will liaise and network with existing sales and marketing teams within
industries to create awareness on product line and sales pitch.
- Using your computer proficiency, you will be responsible to develop USPs, presentations and other marketing to
collateral to support customer facing teams.
- Your strong communication skills will serve you well as you ensure global communication and exchange within PPA
community, conduct internal trainings, and provide regular updates to the global team on activities.
- Your effective presentation skills and product knowledge will be essential as you manage PPA communications for NA
(fairs, tech days, giveaways, etc.).
- Utilizing your hunting skills to seek out new applications and close new businesses, you will support BASF in
implementing the PPA growth strategy by developing target profile, driving application/topic ownership, and identifying &
evaluating different potential solutions for market needs.
- Your customer management, stakeholder management and technical understanding will be essential as you further
support PPA business development in North America.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and
unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you
create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and
insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never
stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll
have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your
talents and your job.
Job: GEMA - General Management
Organization: N-PMN/I-Business Mgmt Industrial-63024762
Title: New Business Development Manager - Polyphthalamide Portfolio
Requisition ID: 2202213