BASF Residential Construction Specialist in Wyandotte, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The main responsibility for the Consultant is to understand and utilize the BEYOND.High Performance consultative approach leveraging building science and innovative chemistry to position BASF solutions in the construction industry and convince others to work with our company. S/he will identify and develop relationships with the construction value chain players, presenting BASF value propositions that result in commercial sales, new product ideas, and market intelligence/feedback. The successful candidate will work collaboratively and in coordination with PM territory sales, technical and applications, marketing, and operational functions to secure sales and to win as one team.
This position is responsible for sales of system-based sales (through the BEYOND.High Performance approach) in the Midwest.
Residential Construction Specialist (1801273) – Michigan
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Establish and maintain relationships with general contractors, product supply dealers, homebuilders, trade contractors, the building science community and other strategic stakeholders, with a primary focus on Residential Builders.
· Assume responsibilities for existing builder accounts in the Midwest (estimated $500K in 2017).
· Create and execute a territory plan in alignment with Business Development strategies and in coordination with Territory Sales Managers.
· Expand BASF resources and reach in the region through significant development of key external stakeholders in the construction market while forming alliances with industry partners/customers.
· Develop a platform to show our buying customers how to grow their businesses leveraging the BEYOND approach.
· Interact with other Regional Business Units to coordinate other BASF efforts within the targeted territory
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor’s degree required combined with a minimum of 10 years of experience within the building, architecture, and/or the construction industry.
· At least 5 years of sales or business development experience with the ability to identify opportunities and sell value-added solutions to the building community.
· Keen understanding of the residential building construction industry.
· Building science knowledge with consultative sales experience.
· Building energy/performance modeling is preferred
· Ability to communicate with builders, read construction blueprints (plans), and work with stakeholders of different levels and abilities.
· Strong interpersonal, leadership, organizational, communication, and analytical skills.
· Highly motivated self-starter with team orientation.
· Have a keen view of the market environment, including general trends impacting the construction business and competitive landscape dynamics.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-PMN-Performance Materials NA
Title: Residential Construction Specialist
Requisition ID: 1801273
Other Locations: US-Illinois, US-Indiana, US-Ohio, US-Wisconsin