BASF Team Leader – Technical Account Management (Specifications Leader) in Wyandotte, Michigan
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Team Leader –Technical Account Management (Specifications Leader) (1901174) – Wyandotte,MI
Where theChemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to lead the North America Performance Materials (N-PMN) specifications team and own the Automotive OEM approval process for Engineering Plastics. Program negotiating is critical and can influence the time to complete and the cost of testing. You will also serve as the N-PMN point specifications lead, working with local teams and global counterparts on product specifications development and harmonization.
· Leveraging your education and industry specific experience, you will gain and expand approvals to Material & Color Specifications for BASF Performance Materials at Automotive OEMs, domestic and transnational and for black box approvals at Tier Ones.
· Your broad understanding of the OEM materials approvals process at domestic and international OEMs, including “black box” approvals and PPAP processes, will be essential as you author new Material Specifications for approval of BASF Engineering Plastics Materials for use in OEM & Tier 1 applications for new and/or existing applications.
· Your superior communication skills and demonstrated track record of building credibility with internal and external partners will serve you well as you meet directly and negotiate with OEM Materials Engineers and Managers regarding approval of new materials, site changes and raw material changes and address any issues with current specifications.
· Demonstrating your extensive experience with materials (preferably plastics), you will represent North America on the global specifications team to drive harmonization on product specifications based on local capability.
· Utilizing your strong technical understanding of plastic materials, test methods and the ability to apply capability principles, you will provide guidance to Operations and Project teams for new manufacturing lines and capability challenged products.
· As a capable leader and mentor, you will lead, coach, and develop team members.
LeadershipExpectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role increating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will beexpected to enable greater personal success among our employees through qualitypeople development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF arerole models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implementBASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop teammembers to reach their full potential, and support relevant developmentassignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employeesto drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring thebest" internally and externally at the same time they are creating aninclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally,a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which allaccidents are preventable.
CreateYour Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Organization: N-PMN/PQ-Quality Management-63002953
Title: Team Leader – Technical Account Management (Specifications Leader)
Requisition ID: 1901174