BASF Technical Service Specialist (Remote) in Wyandotte, Michigan
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Technical Service Specialist – (1901615) – Remote
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for applying strong Home Care technical expertise and a customer-focused mindset to generate new business and maintain existing business with key Home Care customers / accounts for the North America EM business. In this role, you will identify and drive new business opportunities by understanding customer requests and helping to communicate this information to the laboratory-based application technology team. You will also sustain BASF’s customers / accounts by regularly engaging with key points of contact and demonstrating a high degree of responsiveness to their needs. There will be a travel requirement of 50%, primarily across the NA region. This role reports directly into the Home Care and I&I Technical Manager.
· Focusing on growing the business, you will develop the technical strategy necessary to support strategic growth and relationship building at key customers in Home Care.
· Exercising your creativity, independent thinking and experimentation skills, you will projects and ideas to grow solutions with BASF Home Care customers.
· Relying on your experience in self-directed development of mutually benefit relationships with customers and industry experts, combined with your proven record of developing customer requirements, you will lead projects with minimal supervision and independently plan and new business development in the context of team input and experience to arrive at customer solutions.
· Your demonstrated ability to perform project planning and execution to meet customer needs and your experience in running multiple concurrent projects by prioritizing project work to maximize positive contributions will be vital as you provide support to the business by identifying new business opportunities, generating new ideas, contributing to the innovation pipeline, and translating customer activities into useful information for marketing and sales teams.
· Your technical presentation skills and ability to communicate in written and verbal form with varying stakeholders (e.g., Technical and Commercial teams, customers, etc.) will be essential as you generate technical progress and project reports, as well as scientific abstracts and/or journal applications.
· Your strong customer focus and ability to be a team player with both external and internal stakeholders will aid you in understanding customer needs through close interaction / frequent visits and providing solutions that effectively and profitability address those identified needs.
· Collaborating effectively, you will be responsible for proposal development and execution of customer projects and will then validate, refine and implement in close collaboration with sales and marketing teams.
· Leveraging your education and experience in technical service, product development, or relevant technical field with a proven record of technical and social customer interaction, you will provide regional technical application expertise to address customer inquiries.
· Successfully multi-tasking with a high level of attention to detail, you will manage multiple concurrent customer needs involving a significant degree of complexity.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What WeOffer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-EMN/P-RBM Home / Personal Care Ingredients NA-63021299
Title: Technical Service Specialist (Remote)
Requisition ID: 1901615
Other Locations: United States